Have You Had An Outstanding Professor at UNC Charlotte?
We Want To Hear About It!
The Bank of America Award for Teaching Excellence is one of the most important and prestigious traditions at UNC Charlotte. This award honors outstanding teachers on our campus and provides an example of the University’s commitment to excellence in teaching.
The Bank of America Award Selection Committee is seeking nominations for the 2016 Award through Thursday, November 19, 2015. The selection committee depends upon your recommendation as part of the identification process. Please nominate someone you wish more teachers were like.
Besides the professor's name, what else should be included with a nomination?
- Positive aspects of classroom instruction (instructional style, methods, creativity, expertise, technology, testing/grading)
- How the instructor reaches students or stimulates students' desire to learn
- Activities outside of the classroom (advising, mentoring, coaching) that make the nominee an effective teacher by going above and beyond his/her teaching duties
- Other personal and professional attributes that makes the professor outstanding
- Specific examples of how the professor has affected your education at UNC Charlotte
Who is eligible*?
- A full-time, tenured member of the UNC Charlotte faculty
- A member of the UNC Charlotte faculty for at least 7 years
- Faculty teaching at UNC Charlotte during the year of the award
- Faculty who are not former recipients
- Faculty who have not been a finalist for this Award in the past two years
*Faculty should meet all of the above criteria to be considered for the Award. If you're not sure if your professor does, please nominate them anyway. They'll appreciate the compliment!